Selena Marie Edon
North American Missing Persons Network
Selena Marie Edon

1 2 3
Above Images: Edon

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

  • Missing Since: October 28, 1991 from San Francisco, San Francisco County, California
  • Classification: Endangered Missing
  • Date Of Birth: March 17, 1962
  • Age: 26
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 110-120 lbs.
  • Hair Color: Black, Braids with extensions.
  • Eye Color: Brown
  • Race/Ethnicity: Black
  • Sex: Female
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Scar on top of head, mole on forehead,
    walks with a limp.
  • Medical Conditions: May have brain damage.
  • Jewelry: Possible nose ring.
  • Case Number: 921367343

  • Details of Disappearance
    Selena was last seen on October 28, 1991 in San Francisco.

    Selena was recovering from a motocycle accident and may have brain damage.

    Selena Edon was president of the student body and the senior class when she graduated from high school in 1980. She later dropped out of college to join the Air Force. After the Air Force, Selena became a construction worker. She joined the "teamsters" and bought her own motorcycle.

    On the night of November 29, 1989, Selena was on her way home from the Union Hall in San Francisco, California, when she suffered a serious motorcycle accident that left her in a coma for six weeks. For seven days, she remained in the hospital as a "Jane Doe" because her identification papers were lost in the accident. When she finally came out of the coma, she had some brain damage, a damaged left eye, a crushed left thigh, and painful headaches. She had also lost a great amount of her memory. However, she worked through rehabilitation rather quickly and was released after two months.

    She moved back to San Diego to live with her mother and niece; they planned to help her with more rehabilitation. Her headaches caused several periods of confusion and frustration. Although she was getting better physically, her cognitive health was getting much worse. Her family eventually allowed her to return home to San Francisco in May 1990.

    Selena would call her mother regularly. In October 1990, Selena told her mother that she would be going away for awhile; she said that she was going with a person that would be taking care of her. She also told her mother that she would be calling her back soon; however, Selena never called her mother again. Selena had told a friend that she was moving to the Midwest with a woman that she had just met.

    After not hearing from Selena for several months, her family hired a private detective to look for her. He found several people who had seen Selena in San Francisco. Despite the few sightings, he never found her.

    The last time Selena Edon was heard from was on December 31, 1991, when she left a garbled message on a friend's answering machine.

    Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    San Francisco Police Department
    (415) 553-0123

    Source Information
    Unsolved Mysteries