North American Missing Persons Network
Girly Chew Hossencofft

1 1
Above Images: Girly Hossencofft, circa 1999

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

  • Missing Since: September 9, 1999 from Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • Classification: Endangered Missing
  • Date Of Birth: 1963
  • Age: 36
  • Hair Color: Black
  • Eye Color: Brown
  • Race: Asian
  • Gender: Female
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Girly is a Malaysian native. Her ears are pierced.
  • Aliases: Girly's maiden name is "Chew."

  • Details of Disappearance
    Girly was raised in Malaysia and visited the United States in the early 1990s. She met Daizien Hossencofft at an unspecified Sea World theme park during her vacation. They began to correspond to each other via letter and Girly moved to the US and married Daizien in 1992. The couple resided in Albuqueruque, New Mexico, where Girly found employment as a bank teller. They resided in the 3900 block of Moon Street.
    Daizien's real name is Armand Chavez. He has an extensive history as a confidence artist (con artist). Daizien claimed to be a former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) scientist. He admitted that he stole thousands of dollars from cancer patients to inject them with vitamin B-6, which he billed as his "cancer cure." Daizien also claimed he was 2000 years old and invented a youth serum. The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) became aware of his schemes in 1995. Daizien attempted to purchase a bioreactor from a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania company under the guise of conducting cell growth experiments. The company refused to sell the device due to its potential uses and contacted the FBI, but Daizien was not arrested at the time.
    A Canadian woman gave birth to Daizien's son Demetri in 1996. He brought the child to New Mexico and told Girly they were adopting him shortly afterwards. Girly did not learn that the boy was her husband's biological son until 1999. He initially told her that Demetri was orphaned in Mexico.
    Girly knew that Daizien was unfaithful during the course of their marriage. He was cited in a 1998 domestic violence incident after choking and threatening to kill his wife. Girly told authorities that Daizien became enraged when she confronted his previous girlfriend and the woman decided to end their relationship. Girly moved out of their residence in January 1999 and relocated to an apartment in the 8400 block of Spain Road. She hired an attorney and initiated divorce proceedings shortly thereafter. Girly told a co-worker and an FBI agent who was investigating Daizien's exploits that he repeatedly threatened to kill her. She told her co-worker to contact authorities and ask them to investigate them Daizien if anything happened to her. Girly said that she suspected he smashed her car's windshield on two occasions after she moved out of their house.
    Daizien began an affair with Albuquerque resident Linda Henning during the summer of 1999. Their photos are posted below. Girly learned that Daizien was attempting to place their son for adoption with another couple around the same time. Investigators believe that he wanted his wife to drop any custodial or property rights and began plotting Girly's murder.
    Daizien sped into his driveway on Moon Street during the evening hours of September 9, 1999. Neighbors reported that his face and neck were covered in black greasepaint and he appeared to be wearing a forest green or camouflage-style shirt. Girly was last seen departing after her work shift ended earlier in the day.
    Girly's co-worker became concerned for her welfare when she failed to arrive for her 8:00 AM bank shift on September 10. Her friend summoned authorities by 8:10 AM and reported her disappearance. Investigators searched Girly's apartment and discovered pools of blood that appeared to have been wiped with bleach. Girly's blood-splattered shorts, tank top and underwear were discovered along Highway 60 southeast of Belen, New Mexico later in the day. Her purse had been discarded on a nearby street.
    Daizien told his neighbors that he was dying of leukemia and had five months to live prior to Girly's disappearance. He told several people that he planned to visit Toronto, Ontario, Canada or El Paso , Texas for medical treatments. Daizien left Albuquerque on September 10 and fled to South Carolina, where he was apprehended several weeks later. He was initially charged with placing threatening phone calls to three people in New Mexico.
    Authorities learned that Henning believed Daizien's false claims and attempted to convince her friends that he was an established scientist. Henning's loved ones insisted that she had been drugged or brainwashed by Daizien, as her behavior became altered after beginning their relationship.
    Henning believed that the world's governments were maintained by puppets controlled by reptilian-alien masters. Daizien said that he allowed militia member Bill Miller to murder Girly for practice before the climax with the alien "New World Order." Investigators discovered Henning's blood inside Girly's apartment. They believed that Henning may have injured during a struggle with Girly prior to her presumed homicide. Daizien claimed that he stopped at his estranged wife's apartment at a pre-arranged time on September 9 and attempted to clean the blood and additional evidence left at the scene. Daizien said that he returned to his home and located a refrigerated vial of an unidentified woman's blood. He occasionally obtained blood samples from others under the guise of scientific research. Daizien claimed that the vial broke before he could pour it inside Girly's apartment to throw investigators off track. He said that he used a sample of Henning's blood in its place and diluted it with bleach in an attempt to impede DNA testing. Daizien maintained that Henning was not involved in Girly's murder and he implicated Miller as the sole attacker.
    Daizien pleaded guilty to his role in Girly's homicide in January 2002 and avoided the death penalty. Investigators did not believe that Miller was responsible for her murder and he was only charged with evidence tampering. Henning pled innocent to charges of first-degree murder during the summer of 2002. Jurors continued to deliberate her fate in October 2002. Henning faces the death penalty if convicted on all counts.
    Daizien never revealed the location of his wife's remains. He is serving a life sentence plus 61 years in a Wyoming prison.
    1 1

    Left: Daizien Hossencofft; Right: Henning, circa 2002

    Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Albuquerque Police Department

    Source Information
    Court TV
    Mark Horner
    The Albuquerque Tribune
    The Albuquerque Journal