Michelle Nau
North American Missing Persons Network
Michelle Nau

Above Images: Nau

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

  • Missing Since: February 4, 2006 from Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
  • Classification: Endangered Missing
  • Age: 37
  • Height: 5'3-5'5"
  • Weight: 105-110 lbs.
  • Hair Color: Black
  • Eye Color: Hazel
  • Race/Ethnicity: White
  • Sex: Female
  • AKA: Mikalena, Rachel
  • Case Number: 2006-02-010282

  • Details of Disappearance
    Michelle Nau of the Oxford Circle section of the Northeast, was last seen February 4, 2006 on a surveillance tape withdrawing $100 from an ATM near her home. Her 1997 Mercedes-Benz sedan was found four days later in Tacony, about four miles from her home.

    Nau, while aspiring to be a real estate agent, was working as an escort for Full Moon Agency in Queen Village and using the name Rachel. Nau's sister realized something was wrong when she found her sister's dog unattended and the apartment in disarray. She reported her missing February 16.

    Police have said they believe Nau was killed by George Conway in his Mayfair apartment on February 4. Conway, a 48-year-old bouncer from Mayfair was killed on March 1, 2006. Conway was shot to death by Dominic Curcio, 17, of Frankford, who has said he was so distraught over the way Conway murdered Nau and got rid of her body that he killed Conway. According to testimony at his preliminary hearing, Curcio said Conway sectioned Nau's body and threw out the pieces in South Jersey. Curcio was in Conway's apartment on February 4 and saw Nau alive. He was not present when she died, but he saw her body the next morning.

    Police said numerous witnesses told them that Conway, with bloodied clothes, called his friends for help on February 4. One friend drove with him to dump Nau's body at the Jersey Shore before changing plans. Witnesses said Conway then kept Nau wrapped in a carpet on the rear deck of his apartment, in the 4200 block of Princeton Avenue, before he and a friend dumped her in a trash bin on Frankford Avenue near Interstate 95. Police were told Conway went back to the bin afterward and set it on fire February 16. The contents of the bin were later incinerated at a trash-to-energy plant in Chester.

    Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Philadelphia Police Department

    Source Information