Sneha Philip
North American Missing Persons Network
Sneha Philip

1 2 3 4 5 6
Above Image: Philip, circa 2001

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

  • Missing Since: September 10, 2001 from New York City, New York.
  • Classification: Missing
  • Date Of Birth: N/A
  • Age: 31
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 115 lbs.
  • Hair Color: Black
  • Eye Color: Brown
  • Race: N/A
  • Gender: Female
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Sneha has an olive complexion.
  • Clothing: Last seen wearing a brown, short-sleeve, button-down
    dress with a collar and sandals. She was carrying a brown purse.

  • Details of Disappearance

    On September 10, the day before the terrorist attacks, Dr. Sneha Philip had the day off. She went out for breakfast at 10:00 a.m. with her husband,Ron Lieberman, also a young doctor. The two live in Battery Park City, just blocks from the World Trade Center. Sneha told her husband that she was going back to their apartment to do housework. Ron said goodbye to her around 11:30 that morning. Later, she did some shopping across the street from the Trade Center. Ron Lieberman arrived home from work at 11:15 p.m. His wife was not there, but he assumed she was out with friends or family.

    Ron Lieberman awoke the following morning - September 11th - around 6:00 a.m. Though Sneha wasn't home, he wasn't worried. It would not have been unusual for her to spend the night at her brother's or her cousin's - both of whom live in the neighborhood. He reasoned that she would not have called him because she did not want to wake him. Ron left to catch the 6:45 subway. Two hours later, before Ron could report - or barely even register - Sneha's disappearance, the world turned upside down. At 8:45 a.m. a plane flew into the North Tower of the World Trade Center. Fifteen minutes later a second plane crashed into the South Tower - just minutes from Ron and Sneha's apartment. In what appears to be a sad, strange coincidence, Sneha disappeared in lower Manhattan the night before one of the most tragic events in American history, in which thousands were suddenly gone - many of whom have never been found.

    As Ron would later learn, his wife didn't spend the night of September 10th with her brother, cousin or any known friend. She communicated with her mother via instant messages at 2:30 the afternoon of September 10th. Security camera video shows her leaving her apartment a few hours later, at 5:15 p.m. There were credit card purchases for $500.00 at 7:15 p.m. at a designer discount department store across from the World Trade Center. She bought bed linens, lingerie and three pairs of shoes. A shoe clerk reports she saw Sneha with another woman. Sneha told the clerk that the woman was a friend of hers. To date, that "friend" has not been identified or come forward.

    Since the NYPD had its hands full as a result of the attacks, Ron hired a private investigator to help track down anyone who might have seen Sneha after she left the department store. Shortly after her disappearance, family and friends plastered flyers around "Ground Zero," working side by side with the thousands of others who lost family and friends in the World Trade Center. If Sneha did not stay at her brother's or any known friend the night of the 10th, where did she stay? Is it possible she left the department store and went somewhere with a friend? Maybe she decided to hang out at this woman's home and sleep there since Ron was working late. It is possible, but the woman has not come forward. What is known is that when Sneha left the store, she would have been carrying two large shopping bags. Those bags never made it back to her apartment.

    Another theory is that Sneha may have been a victim of foul play once she left the department store. And still another is that she may have stopped for a drink, perhaps at the Milennium Hotel bar, across from the department store and the WTC. Private investigators plan to send Sneha's picture to everyone who stayed at the Millennium Hotel the night of September 10th. If she did stay at the hotel or at someone's home nearby, she may have walked home the morning of September 11th just as the WTC was attacked. It's possible she could have been struck by debris and perished. If Sneha saw the attack, she would have rushed to the scene to help and may have perished in the rescue attempt. Friends and family believe that finding the woman last seen with Sneha might be the key to solving this mystery.

    Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Unsolved Mysteries
    (800) 876-5353

    Source Information
    Unsolved Mysteries
    Poughkeepsie Journal 9/11/2006